Microplastics from textiles released by laundering
Testing of microplastic release during laundering. Microplastics are identified and counted using FTIR-ATR and SEM-EDX. The microplastics are analyzed after the first and the last washing cycle, 10 washing cycles is used. The results are given as mass loss (mg), mass loss (%) and microparticle loss per cleaning cycle index (MLC-index, mg / m2). Also, the identification of released particles is reported.
- Suitable sample matrices
- Textiles, garments, fabrics.
- Minimum sample amount
- 2 garments or 2 m of fabric
- Typical turnaround time
- 6 weeks after receiving the samples
- Quality system
- Accredited testing laboratory
- Device families
- ISO/DIS 4484-1:2021-10, AATCC TM212-2021
- Method expert
- Price (VAT 0)
- First sample: 1,123 €
Additional samples: 972 € per sample