Lignin content of biomass
Determination of the acid-insoluble and acid-soluble lignin content of biomass samples.
A solid biomass sample is hydrolyzed, and the acid-insoluble residue is filtered out to determine the amount of Klason lignin. Acid-soluble lignin is determined from the hydrolysate using UV-VIS-spectrophotometer.
The lignin content is reported as wt-% of the initial sample on an oven-dry basis.
More information about the method family:UV-visible spectroscopy (UV-VIS)
- Suitable sample matrices
- Solid plant biomass and biomass-based products
- Required sample quantity
- 3–5 g dry solid biomass based material
- Typical turnaround time
- 3 weeks after receiving the samples
- Available quality systems
- Measurlabs validated method
- Device types