Puncture resistance of rigid plastics
This test is used to determine the puncture properties of rigid plastics. During the test a flat specimen is punctured by a falling impact (from 1 m at a speed of 4.4 m/s) specimen at a standard speed while force and deflection are measured.
- Suitable sample matrices
- Rigid plastics over 1 mm thick. Not suitable for films.
- Minimum sample amount
- 10 standard sized specimen
- Typical turnaround time
- 3 weeks after receiving the samples
- Quality system
- Accredited testing laboratory
- Device families
- EN ISO 6603-2 or ASTM D3763
- Method expert
Interested in this measurement?
You can order this measurement via online checkout. Just fill in a few details below: