Cross-sectional HR-TEM imaging + EDX + FIB
Cross-sectional HR-TEM with EDX and FIB is a powerful combination of sample preparation and imaging techniques. The analysis consists of three phases: 1) A cross-sectional sample is prepared with a focused ion beam (FIB) 2) The sample is imaged with a high-resolution transmission electron microscope (HR-TEM) 3) The elemental composition of the sample is determined using electron dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX).
More information about the method family:Cross-Sectional TEM AnalysisTEM Analysis (TEM)Focused Ion Beam (FIB)
- Suitable sample matrices
- Many hard materials, such as thin film coated silicon wafers, glass substrates, metals, and many more.
- Minimum sample amount
- Even small particles can be prepared as cross-sectional samples and imaged with TEM.
- Typical turnaround time
- 4 weeks after receiving the samples
- Detection limit
- Resolution goes down to sub-nanometer range.
- Quality system
- Measurlabs validated method
- Device families
- Method expert
Results in four easy steps
1Select the tests you need
2Get an order confirmation
3Ship your samples to us
4Receive your test report