Cross-sectional HR-TEM imaging with FIB sample preparation
This analysis is a combination of sample preparation with FIB and imaging with high-resolution TEM. A cross-section sample is first prepared with a focused ion beam (FIB), after which the sample is imaged with a high-resolution transmission electron microscope (HR-TEM). The resulting image resolution is very high, even below one nanometer.
More information about the method family:TEM Analysis (TEM)
- Suitable sample matrices
- Many hard materials, such as thin film coated silicon wafers, glass substrates, metals and many more.
- Minimum sample amount
- Even small particles can be prepared as cross-sectional samples and imaged with TEM.
- Typical turnaround time
- 4 weeks after receiving the samples
- Detection limit
- Resolution down to the sub-nanometer range.
- Quality system
- Measurlabs validated method
- Device families
- Method expert